UEFA charges Atalanta over fans’ Batshuayi racist abuse

first_img0Shares0000Michy Batshuayi has hit out at fans on Twitter over racist abuse © AFP/File / Patrik STOLLARZPARIS, France, Feb 26 – European football’s governing body UEFA opened disciplinary proceedings against Atalanta on Monday over monkey chants directed at Borussia Dortmund’s Michy Batshuayi.Belgian international forward Batshuayi accused some Atalanta fans of targeting him with racist abuse during Dortmund’s Europa League clash against the Italians last week. The 24-year-old, on loan from Chelsea, wrote on Twitter on Thursday: “2018 and still racists monkey noises in the stands… really?!”UEFA said its Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body would deal with the case on March 22.It’s not the first time Atalanta fans have been accused of dishing out racist abuse to an opposition player.In January, the club was hit with a suspended one-match partial stand closure after Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly was subjected to such abuse.Following the Dortmund game, Atalanta president Antonio Percassi had said: “I’ll be honest, I didn’t hear them. If they did happen, then I am very sad and absolutely apologise to Batshuayi. This should never happen.”Italian football has long had a problem with racist chanting from supporters.In January, Juventus’s France international midfielder Blaise Matuidi was targeted by fans in a match against Cagliari.Both Atalanta and Dortmund have also been charged by UEFA over their fans’ setting off fireworks and throwing objects onto the pitch.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

San Diego woman suffers lifethreatening injuries after Tinder date

first_imgSan Diego woman suffers life-threatening injuries after Tinder date Updated: 4:26 PM Sasha Foo, 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A San Diego woman says a man she met on a popular dating app almost got her killed.30-year-old Korren Knapp-Grada is still recovering from the injuries she suffered on May 29 last year, after she agreed to meet a man in a Gaslamp Quarter bar in San Diego. The two had made contact through the dating app, Tinder.The man who called himself “John” seemed nice when they met. The last thing she said she recalls is that he ordered her a drink.Two weeks later, she woke up in a hospital. She was suffering from life-threatening injuries after being struck by two hit-and-run drivers on Interstate 8 not far from the Viejas Casino.A semi-truck driver came to her rescue and dragged Corren off the freeway to safety.With her right leg mangled, her pelvis crushed and her bladder lacerated, Knapp-Grada said she has had twenty surgeries in the last year and still more surgeries are ahead. She said that while she was in the hospital, tests showed she had been given a “date rape” drug.Although she said she has little memory of what happened that night, she believes that the stranger she met on Tinder will eventually be identified. Knapp-Grada said as she regains her strength, she plans to meet with the California Highway Patrol, to give investigators more information. Posted: April 11, 2018center_img Sasha Foo April 11, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Around Town White House DOD Work with States to Remove Licensing Barriers

first_imgThe Trump administration is continuing to work with states to ease licensing requirements that hamper military spouses striving to maintain their careers each time they move. While all 50 states and the District of Columbia have laws designed to lower the barriers for spouses who want to transfer their licenses, they are not uniform, reports Military.com. On Tuesday, Karen Pence, the wife of Vice President Mike Pence, told a family forum at the 2018 Association of the U.S. Army (AUSA) annual meeting that she intends to talk to the National Governors Association about the issue early next year. … The Department of Homeland Security is increasingly collaborating with the military to deal with natural disasters, protect the nation’s borders, and respond to cyber and drone threats, Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen said this week at the AUSA annual meeting. “Partnerships used to be a ‘nice to have,’ but now they are a lifeline for Americans’ very survival. That is why DHS is deepening its ties across the military. We are coordinating our activities with [DOD] to better combat emerging threats, secure our borders and respond to natural disasters,” Nielsen said, reported Federal Times.Army photo by Devon Suits Dan Cohen AUTHORlast_img read more