Analysis and graphics from the US election exit poll and results as they come in.- Advertisement –
Twenty one people have died of COVID-19 since the outbreak was first reported on February 28 in the Pacific nation, but like neighboring Australia it has largely avoided high casualties.The country, home to more than 5 million people, reported no new cases on Monday with the number of new daily cases falling steadily over the last few weeks since reaching a peak in early April.New Zealand registered only 19 new coronavirus cases this month out of nearly 1,500 so far and no cases were reported on seven separate days. New Zealand will launch a contact-tracing app on Wednesday to help people track their movements as the country eases one of the world’s most rigid lockdowns designed to slow the spread of COVID-19.Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the app can be best described as a ‘digital diary’ helping people to record their personal movements, adding the data would not be shared to anyone else besides the user.”It’s just in case in the future if you find yourself with COVID-19, you’ve got an easy reference to tell where you’ve been over a period of time,” Ardern said during a media briefing in Wellington. Topics : “It’s for you, it’s on your device, and it’s your data and your information.”New Zealand slightly eased curbs in late April and moved to ‘level 2’ in its scale of alert last week, allowing cafes, shops, restaurants and other public spaces including playgrounds to reopen under strict social distancing rules.Schools across the country also reopened on Monday after nearly a two-month nationwide lockdown.With restrictions loosened, people have been flocking to popular hotspots and on Saturday the prime minister and her partner were turned away from a cafe in the nation’s capital Wellington because it was too full under the physical distancing guidelines.
Marcus was born in Parma while World Cup-winning Dad Lilian was playing in Italy (Getty)With Guingamp struggling – and potentially even getting relegated – he would be available for a relatively affordable price.Arsenal will not make any move until the end of the season, though, with their budget and transfer targets dependent on where they finish in the league, and Thuram is likely to be targeted if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errors Arsenal preparing summer move for Guingamp attacker Marcus Thuram but face competition Metro Sport ReporterSunday 24 Mar 2019 10:26 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link213Shares Comment The 21-year-old has seven goals in Ligue 1 this season usually playing off the left (Getty)And now Le10Sport report that Arsenal are hopeful of gazumping their rivals for Thuram – whose father was part of France’s 1998 World Cup winning team.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTUnai Emery remains an avid follower of French football, having spent two seasons in charge of PSG, and has given his backing to the pursuit.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityArsenal are ‘laying the groundwork’ for a summer move, though fear Dortmund will pose the biggest competition when the window reopens, having signed a host of stars from France such as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ousmane Dembele.Thuram is developing into a fine left winger, also capable of playing across the frontline, and has seven league goals this season. Advertisement The French forward has had a solid campaign despite the team’s struggles (Picture: Getty)Arsenal are preparing to step up their pursuit of Guingamp attacker Marcus Thuram, son of Lilian, though will face significant competition from Borussia Dortmund for his signature.Although Guingamp have struggled this season, currently lying in 18th place in Ligue 1 and seven points adrift of safety, Thuram has been a rare bright spark for the side.He has already been scouted by a host of European giants, with the likes of Tottenham and Manchester United sending scouts to watch his performances. Advertisement
Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Austria excited for Standhardinger arrival, but focused on PH Cup bid for now LATEST STORIES Veteran promoter Bob Arum said he would seek to match Horn against the sensational Terence Crawford of Omaha, possibly next April. Arum said Pacquiao could be pitted against the winner between Horn and Crawford.It’s however unclear if Pacquiao is still under contract with Arum.As one pundit noted, the only sure thing about Pacquiao is that he will turn 39 on Sunday.Happy Birthday, and the best of luck Senator Pacquiao, sir!(SURE HIT: There’s a big art affair tomorrow that promises to be a sure hit. The coffee table book “SARI-SARI: The Art of ANTONIO AUSTRIA,” will be launched at the Finale Art File, Warehouse 17, La Fuerza Compound , 2241 Chino Roces Ave., Makati. The classy colorful volume comes with a foreword by Dr. Jaime C. Laya. Doors open at 6 p.m.)Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next A Pacquiao fight in Mexico would be a ready sell-out, said Beltran. He said Mexican fans have all these years been craving to watch Pacquiao live.Pacquiao has clashed with a slew of Mexican ring greats, namely Juan Manuel Marquez, Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales and Antonio Margarito. He had a four-fight series with Marquez, who punctuated the colorful rivalry with a cold stoppage of Pacquiao in December 2012. Beltran said that if Pacquiao ever sees action in Mexico, it should be next April.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkNothing really clear there, although Pacquiao has earlier announced his plan to make a comeback in April.Truth is there has been nothing certain about the boxing plans of Sen. Pacquiao since his controversial exit as WBO welterweight champion in Brisbane last July. Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson MOST READ OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Manny Pacquiao AFP FILE PHOTOSeñor Fernando Beltran, amiable top international boxing promoter, has announced his plan to bring Manny Pacquiao to his hometown Mexico.“Mexico deserves to see him, nothing clear but we’re making the attempt,” Beltran explained, adding there has been initial negotiation.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew He pulled out of a transacted rematch with his conqueror Jeff Horn, thereby leaving everybody wondering what he’s up to, or where he would be fighting next.Before the Mexican announcement, Pacquiao floated the idea of clashing with mixed martial arts standout Conor McGregor. Pacquiao called out McGregor by sending a Thanksgiving greeting for the Irish star to “keep fit my friend.”In a recent trip to mainland China, Pacquiao’s announcement that he could be fighting in Beijing was received with thundering applause.Didn’t he also try to bring his aborted rematch with Horn to Manila, after allegedly being promised support by famous friends that included President Duterte?Meanwhile, Horn has made a successful defense of his WBO welterweight crown in Brisbane by scoring an 11th round stoppage of Englishman Gary Corcoran on Wednesday.ADVERTISEMENT Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense View comments